Summer 2023 Programme for JK - Gr 6
SUMMERTIME IS ALWAYS THE BEST OF WHAT MIGHT BE!
CECC’s Summer Programme will only be offered from our main site in Eglinton PS.
Our summer programme will operate from July 4th to August 25th, 2023
We will provide two monthly sessions:
- Session One – will run from July 4th, 2023 – July 28th, 2023
- Session Two – will run from July 31st, 2023 – August 25th, 2023
Kindergarten Summer Programme is available for children attending Junior or Senior Kindergarten
School Age Summer Programme is available for children attending Grades One to Six.
Spaces will be limited for the summer programme.
FOR FAMILIES CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN Before & After Care
- Current families will receive registration packages by February 22nd, 2023.
- Registration will open for current CECC families from both our Eglinton & St Monica sites, on Wednesday March 1st, 2023 at our Eglinton site. Spaces will be filled on a first come first basis.
- Forms will need to be submitted in person to our Administrative Staff, at our Eglinton site. We will accept applications throughout the day. If you come between 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., you may call us from Exit 8
- Forms will only be accepted if completed with all signatures (both parents, if applicable) and information requested.
- Forms will be date/time stamped by one of our Administrative Staff. Spaces will be confirmed by email by March 3rd, 2023.
- Any spaces remaining after 6:00 pm on March 1st, 2023, will be offered to families on the Summer Programme waitlist, following the priorities of CECC’s waitlist policy.
FAMILIES WHO ARE NOT CURRENTLY WITH CECC BUT WISH TO ENROLL IN OUR SUMMER PROGRAMME ONLY
- Please complete a waitlist application on our website, indicating Kindergarten Summer Programme or School Age Summer Programme as your programme of choice. Then in the notes/comments section, please let us know if you would like to book Session 1 or Session 2 or both.
- Any vacancies remaining after currently enrolled families have had opportunity to register will be offered to families on the waitlist by email beginning on March 3rd, 2023 according to the priorities outlined in CECC’s waitlist policy.
- The registration requirements will be emailed and families will have a 48 hour window in which to complete the process before being returned to the waitlist.
- A security deposit of $100 per session, will be processed by electronic funds transfer upon registration. The deposit will be held in CECC’s non-interest bearing account and refunded by electronic funds transfer at the end of the booked session(s). If you cancel your child’s registration in the Summer Programme, with less than one month’s notice, the deposit will be forfeited.
FAMILIES IN RECEIPT OF A FEE SUBSIDY from Toronto Children’s Services
Please be reminded that your subsidy agreement states that:
- To maintain your subsidy & space at CECC, you will need to register for at least a portion of the summer programme.
- Your child can only be absent for 35 days from January 1st – December 31st, 2023
- Your child cannot be absent for more than 20 days consecutively.
- You will be required to pay the full fee daily rate for any additional days your child is off.
Our Summer Programme will include lots of time spent in the sunshine, water play, nature and fun! There will be opportunities for sports, drama, dance, arts and crafts, games, food experiences, long term projects related to the children’s interests, field trips and special guests.
We will ensure the children have lots of outdoor time, flexible schedules and the unhurried pace that summer provides.
Please watch your email during the week of June 20th-23rd, 2023 for a programme calendar, any revised policies related to summer, your child’s room assignment, and names of the teachers.
Hours of Operation
We will operate from 7:30 a.m.to 6:00 p.m.
Drop off: 7:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
Pick up: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
(Children attending JK/SK)
*Children eligible for CWELCC funding the fee is $661.50 per month
(Children attending Gr 1-6)
*Payment will be processed by Electronic Funds Transfer on
July 1st, 2023 for Session 1.
August 1st, 2023 for Session 2.
CECC’s regular Withdrawal Policy will be in effect. Please see CECC’s Family Handbook for details. Withdrawal from the Summer Programme will be considered a withdrawal from CECC. If you wish to have your child attend Before & After Care for the school year, you will have to reapply; possibly being returned to the waitlist.
Important Dates for Summer
Tuesday July 4th, 2023
START OF SESSION ONE OF SUMMER PROGRAMME
Monday July 31st, 2023
START OF SESSION TWO of SUMMER PROGRAMME
Monday August 7th, 2023 – Civic Holiday
No Camp on that day
August 28th, 2023 to September 1st, 2023
CECC CLOSED FOR CLEAN UP WEEK