Summer 2021 Programme for JK - Gr 6
To accommodate co-horting, physical distancing and other infection control practices, our Summer Programme will look a little different this year.
CECC’s Summer Programme will only be offered from our main site in Eglinton PS.
Our summer programme will operate from July 5th to August 27th, 2021
Instead of weekly sessions, we will have two, monthly sessions
- Session One – will run from July 5th, 2021 – July 30th, 2021
- Session Two – will run from August 3rd – August 27th, 2021
Families may request to have their child/ren attend for one or both sessions
Kindergarten Summer Programme is available for children currently attending Junior or Senior Kindergarten
School Age Summer Programme is available for children currently attending Grades One to Six.
Spaces will be very limited for the summer programme.
Forms will need to be submitted in person and will be date/time stamped. Spaces will be confirmed by email.
- Families with children currently enrolled were given priority placement, with opportunity to register on March 11th and 12th, 2021.
- After March 12th, 2021, remaining spaces were offered to families on the “Deferred Waitlist” who were enrolled in CECC at the start of the pandemic lockdown.
- Remaining spaces are now open to children from the community through our waitlist, on a first come, first served basis.
- To request a space in CECC’s Summer Camp, please press the following link:
- Registrations will be confirmed by email.
FAMILIES IN RECEIPT OF A FEE SUBSIDY from Toronto Children’s Services
Please be reminded that your subsidy agreement states that:
- Your child can only be absent for 35 days from January 1st – December 31st, 2021
- Your child cannot be absent for more than 20 days consecutively.
- You will be required to pay the full fee daily rate for any additional days your child is off.
- To maintain your subsidy & space at CECC, you will need to register for the summer programme.
Our 2021 Summer Programme will definitely look much different than our regular Summer Camp. Infection control practices will definitely cause us to rethink how we do things. Although we don’t anticipate being able to take excursions or have special guests at the Centre, our staff team is determined to make it a fantastic summer for the children. We will ensure our programme encompasses sports, drama, dance, arts & crafts, games, food experiences and long- term projects related to the children’s interests.
As always, our summer programme will include lots of sunshine, water play, nature and FUN!! By keeping our numbers low, we can ensure lots of outdoor time, flexible schedules and the unhurried pace that summer should provide.
Hours of Operation
We will operate from 7:45 am to 5:45 pm for July & August.
Drop off: 7:45 am to 9:15 am
Pick up: 4:00-5:45 pm
Kindergarten (children enrolled in JK/SK as of June 2021) – $1400 per session
School Age (children enrolled in Gr 1-6 as of June 2021) – $1280 per session
*Payment will be processed by Electronic Funds Transfer on July 2nd for Session 1 & August 3rd for Session 2.
Important Dates for Summer
July 2nd, 2021
July 5th, 2021
START OF SESSION ONE OF SUMMER PROGRAMME
Aug 2nd, 2021
CLOSED FOR CIVIC HOLIDAY
Aug 3rd, 2021
START OF SESSION TWO of SUMMER PROGRAMME
Aug 30, 2021 – Sept 3, 2021
CECC CLOSED FOR CLEAN UP WEEK
Families Registering for Summer Camp only!
A security deposit of $100 per session, in the form of a cheque, payable to CECC, is required upon registration. The deposit will be held CECC’s non-interest bearing account and refunded by electronic funds transfer at the end of the booked session(s). If you cancel your child’s registration in the Summer Programme, with less than one month’s notice, the deposit will be forfeited.
Families also enrolled in CECC’s Before and After Care
CECC’s regular Withdrawal Policy will be in effect. Please see CECC’s Family Handbook for details. Withdrawal from the Summer Programme will be considered a withdrawal from CECC. If you wish to have your child attend Before & After Care for the school year, he/she will have to reapply; possibly being returned to the waitlist.